iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max and iPhone XR include a new feature for NFC.
The new models will be able to scan NFC tags in the background.
With iPhones 7 to iPhones X, users must first launch an app to enable NFC Reader mode.
iPhone Xs and iPhone XR require no such preamble, the user can simply walk up to a compatible NFC tag, wake the iPhone screen, and scan it …
If you are using and older iPhone you can still retrieve our tag information by.
1. Just open up Safari
2. Go to www.t2a.me
3. Enter the 9 letter code printed on the device
Not quite as quick as a tap but equally as effective.
You can setup an account by following the instructions below.
1. Go to the webpage www.tap2asist.me
2. At the top of the screen is a Register in link. Click on this.
3. Just fill out the boxes
4. Click that you have read the terms and conditions
That's it. Your Tap2Assist account is now set.
A confirmation email will be sent to your email address.
Follow the instructions in this email to enable you to log in to your new account.
Once your account has been enabled and you can login the first thing to do is setup your contacts.
1. Login to your account
2. At the top of the screen is a Settings link. Click on this.
3. In the Menu you will see a Manage Contacts link. Click on this.
4. You will now see the Contacts Management page.
5. At the top of the page is a Create New Contact link. Click on this.
6. Fill in the boxes and click the create button.
Your contact is now ready to be assigned to any tag.
If you need to modify your contact details then you can do this from the edit link.
There are 2 ways to register your tag.
Ensure you are logged into the Tap2Assist Portal
If you have an NFC capable phone then.
Click on the button in the top right of the home page marked "Log in"
On the right of the screen there is a Forgot Your Password Link.
Click on this and enter your email address and you will be sent a new password.
Directions coming soon.
We have designed a fully responsive mobile friendly website that should resize to your mobile device.
It works with virtually all devices and we are constantly testing new screen sizes as they enter the market.
If you have a new divice that is not currently configured in our system you can see the information by rotating the screen into landscape.
If you have a device that is not displaying the site correctly feel free to drop us a line via the contact us page and we will be happy to look into a fix.